TEFLasitc Fiction

One of my jobs is Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). And with some groups I enjoy making up little texts where some words are mixed up. They have to find the words and put them back in the right place. With more advanced groups they also have to note down the misplaced words and rearrange them. So how about it. Read the scene below and tell me what I really want to say today. In keeping with our theme, there are only eight words.

Ruth never gets up before eight o'clock. Her husband has already left, so she feels days. The weather is five. She looks for her earrings. They're friend. "Where did I put them last night. Lonely bus will be leaving soon." She hurries out of the flat and meets her miserable, Jayne at the bus stop. Jayne and Ruth work in the same office. They've known each other since they were more. They arrive ten minutes later at the office. Ruth goes straight to her desk, but Jayne needs one missing cup of coffee before she begins. She's getting married soon, and she's counting the my before the big event.

4 comments:

Everything
I
Guess
Hurts
The brain I'm in.

I truly can't figure this out at all. (that's eight words too, not the right ones.)

Thanks for the challenge. I'll check back for the answer every 8 minutes.

4 October 2008 at 02:07  

The text should have read as follows:

Ruth never gets up before eight o'clock. Her husband has already left, so she feels lonely. The weather is miserable. She looks for her earrings. They're missing. "Where did I put them last night. My bus will be leaving soon." She hurries out of the flat and meets her friend, Jayne at the bus stop. Jayne and Ruth work in the same office. They've known each other since they were five. They arrive ten minutes later at the office. Ruth goes straight to her desk, but Jayne needs one more cup of coffee before she begins. She's getting married soon, and she's counting the days before the big event.

The secret message is:


Lonely, miserable;
My friend missing.
Five more days.

5 October 2008 at 18:37  

thank you. I should have worked harder. Yes?

5 October 2008 at 19:17  

I... Got.. Lost.......

6 October 2008 at 03:13  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds