The headline jumped off the page and did a little song and dance act. Only then did it succeed in penetrating my already somewhat feeble state of mind. I'd been on a binge with the boys. True that was days ago. But it might have been yesterday, for every time I tried to think about what happened only darkness reigned.

How could anyone be so stupid? Okay, you break into a drinks depot, you patronize it, so to speak. Mind you I'm not sure if the word patron actually fits those who don't pay. Okay, so you break in, drink, get drunk and then...? Well, even I in my weakened state realise that the last thing you do then, is to visit your friend to invite him for a drink. Why not? But isn't it obvious. You're friend is a policeman. And it's his job to catch those who committed the crime.

And yet, the newspaper article left no room for doubt, neither did the handcuffs around my wrists. But I still wonder how it happened.

5 comments:

LOL! Love this, she said, as she sipped her wine!

29 July 2009 at 22:45  

Sly, very sly and witty.

The Path

29 July 2009 at 22:59  

LOL! Such a witty writing!! :)

30 July 2009 at 03:14  

A humorous piece! can happen ... anytime anywhere

30 July 2009 at 05:26  

Brother, I know how it happened.

30 July 2009 at 07:37  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds