Flick

I flick through the album of memory's pages.
These photos so real, yet fourty years on so false.
My first teacher, probably passed on now;
The little girl next door; what was her name?
That rugby game! We lost the cup but won the praise
and the camping competition: mud, the order of the day.

A swirling fog descends and lifts me up
High above the obscure, blurring confines
of space and time.
Hundreds, thousands of you, no longer shadows,
As you are today... Yet who are you? And were you
Once in my life?

And myself?
Am I also a shadow from your past?
Not quite forgotten, yet not remembered.
And should we meet today,
Will you just walk by?

7 comments:

these are some deep questions. my favorite is:

A swirling fog descends and lifts me up
High above the obscure, blurring confines
of space and time.

photographs are just memories. are memories real? are you the person in the photograph?

24 January 2009 at 08:47  

It's odd to think that we are other peoples' memories!

24 January 2009 at 11:47  

I can get lost thinking about these questions. It is so hard to understand how we remember others, how they remember us. What about those photographs where we stood in the background, unaware? So many questions, but I hope all of those people have an impact on who we are now.

25 January 2009 at 14:18  

So I am someone elses memory. I'd never thought of it like that. I hope I'm a good memory! I so enjoyed this piece.

25 January 2009 at 20:43  

Wonderful!

26 January 2009 at 01:25  

What memories you have evoked!


Hey, today's prompt at MEME EXPRESS is PHANTOM.

Feel free to stop by and leave a comment with a link to your post today!

Blessings,
Linda

MEME EXPRESS – daily blog prompts

26 January 2009 at 21:47  

Great intro. The 2nd stanza sweeps me further in. That last one, questions I, too, have asked myself. Well-done.

27 January 2009 at 13:52  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds