Interlude

Dear Readers,

I know it's unusual for an author to address his readers in his own voice and from the pages of the story he's been, hopefully, entertaining you with for the past few months but the burden of conventionality has never lain well on my shoulders, and so a word of warning before you read on. Just a few episodes back, I began with the words: 'That victory was the beginning of the end.' And from the replies I got I could easily see that none of you saw the deeper meaning of these words. Quite natural, I'm sure. But designed to lead you up the garden path. You love the hero, you adore his wife, you hate the villain. So at last, you're getting what you've wanted from the very beginning. Be warned!

So why am I writing this. Well, firstly, it gives me a chance to stretch out this story by introducing a slight break in the tension. Secondly, I'm keeping you guessing. Just when you felt, you had the measure of the story and where it's going, a warning and you realise you've got it all wrong. But have you? Maybe, this little warning here is nothing more than a red herring. You don't know, I do. Or maybe, I don't. Maybe this is nothing more than to give me another week before I have to think up the next episode. And finally, I'm going to enjoy reading you all your comments and watching you squirming in your favourite reading chair, trying to work out what this is all about. But rest assured, the end is nigh. One day, sooner or later.

Sincerely, your ubiquitous weekly guest,

The Author.

5 comments:

Oh!

Was that written for me? I dont know ... may be this is the first time I'm here and after reading that, I think I should come more often :)

18 March 2009 at 21:46  

Nice way to use the words, very clever ;)

19 March 2009 at 16:33  

Very clever use of the prompt .. but I don't know your story, so I'm lost!

Looks like I might have to did into the archives!

20 March 2009 at 02:27  

This is just mean! lol

20 March 2009 at 02:52  

now paul, having followed this story for quite some time, off and on i must admit, i know there is always an end to everything, thou now i am intrigued....

21 March 2009 at 00:04  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds