Success

This week's 3WW words: budge, nimble, theory

This is the worst scenario imaginable. I'm sitting here at my desk and I don't know what to write. Does that happen often? Of course not! I don't write often enough for it to be a common occurrence. Not like my brother. He's forever complaining about writer's block and such nonsense. But then, he's forever writing. Me, you can't get me to budge unless inspiration first comes flying overhead and sprinkles a few drops of her precious liquid into my inkwell. I guess you could call it the only-way-to-sure-success theory. And unti now, it has stood me in good stead. Not one of my sure-to-be-published works has come in for the slightest criticism. And I feel they never will. Now for a writer, that's success.

So what went wrong today? Why has inspiration passed by and left me with nothing. I could, I suppose, go into all the reasons for today's failure. But as I'm not any kind of soul-soother and haven't enough parchment and ink to elucidate all the different theories which passed through my head during my most recent bout of staring at the paper then I guess I'd better not. Besides, were I to do so, it would make my fingers almost as nimble as my brother's. And what would that do to my always dreaming of greatness reputation? So please excuse me and permit me to roll back into my furry, little ball for another week. Who knows, if inspiration is still out there, maybe she'll smile on me again. In which case you can read the results in next week's 3WW. But don't bank on it. And for those of you in need of a reading fix right now, you can always try reading one of brother William's plays. They're quite well known and available from all irreputable printers.

6 comments:

Nice way to do the prompt this week.

2 June 2010 at 23:35  

For some it comes easy - others can do it well.
Cool post.

3 June 2010 at 05:46  

A fun way to deal with writer's block. Keep on writing and let it take on a character all its own!

3 June 2010 at 06:35  

Like you, I need inspiration to write so I totally relate. Good job.

3 June 2010 at 21:07  

Nice. Perfection is the enemy of progress.

4 June 2010 at 20:19  

i like the attitude and the title... a strong voice... umbilicus

8 June 2010 at 02:23  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds